Please note that your Poster Board will be displayed in two formats:
- Regular Poster Display
- E-Poster Digital Display
Please find below preparation instructions for both formats, note that it is mandatory to prepare both displays.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR POSTER PRESENTATION
- Posters will be displayed in two formats (Poster Board and E-Poster Digital Display) on both days of the Conference. Poster presenters are requested to be present at their designated poster board(s) during breaks and poster sessions to answer questions.
- Poster Presenters are requested to provide one Power Point slide that will advertise their poster and will be presented on a slide show throughout the conference. (E-Poster Digital Display)
- The authors of accepted abstract submissions will be required to prepare their Poster in both formats according to the instructions below:
REGULAR POSTER BOARD PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS:
In order to efficiently communicate the results of your research to the viewers, you are kindly requested to devote considerable effort in the design of your poster. Please pay attention to details by carefully following the instructions outlined below:
Sample of Poster:
EQUIPMENT FOR POSTER DISPLAY
- A large display board giving a display area of approximately 900mm wide x 1200mm high will be provided for your poster display. Please refer to the above diagram.
- Please note that individual pieces of paper should be pre-mounted onto one large piece of paper or card.
- The poster display boards are made of melamine, therefore compatible with double side tape and adhesive Velcro. Fixers will be provided to all poster presenters at the Congress. Staff will be available to assist you.
- A header panel with your poster number will be provided and will only be visible on the morning your poster is due to go up. Please ensure that your poster title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract are printed on your poster
- You will receive a notification of your Poster Board Number. Please ensure that you use the board with the same number.
- Make your title short to summarize the message of the research
- Do not include references unless it is imperative
- Try to avoid using several A4 sheets. Please note that individual pieces of paper should be pre-mounted onto one large piece of paper or card.
- The reading order of the a poster should be down columns, rather than across rows
- Use just one or two colors on a plain colored background
- Put the conclusions in a prominent panel (preferably at the bottom of the poster)
- Watermarks in the middle of a poster tend to distract
- Do not justify the column text if there are few words to a line
- Be selective in your use of bullet points, perhaps only in the conclusion
- Poster body text must be readable from 2 meters (with possible exception of references) and the title from 4-5 meters
- Mostly avoid capital letters except at the beginning of sentences and proper nouns
- Use a black sans serif font e.g. Arial or Gill Sans throughout
- Do not underline anything
- Use a bolder, larger typeface for the main titles and headings. It can be effective to use a different typeface for headings and subheadings
- To emphasize body text, use a bold or italic font
- Check the draft of your poster very carefully to ensure that there are no typographical or style errors.
- Use matt (non-reflective) encapsulation to protect the poster
E-POSTER DIGITAL DISPLAY PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS:
To download the full instructions: